Welcome to MOYO, where your yoga journey is about to begin!
Like every journey in our lives, it takes some time to get into the flow. The first class is never a good indicator and we recommend experiencing at least three or four classes before deciding if it’s right for you — but if you stick with it, the amazing benefits of yoga will dramatically enhance many aspects of your life!
Since the first time I walked into this wonderful place called Moyo, it was magical. The reinvigorating energy that constantly flows in there makes me want to come over and over for more. I couldn't be happier to be part of this welcoming community of beautiful souls.
Patricia Sosa, MOYO Student
MOYO STUDENT TIPS
- Please print and complete this waiver before your first class. Note that clients under 18 need a parent or guardian signature.
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to sign in, change and set up for class.
- Please do not wear fragrances. Others may be sensitive.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is breathable; come with an empty stomach.
- Please leave your shoes in lobby – save our studio floors.
- Please leave all cell phones and other electronic devices on silent or in your vehicle.
- Please refrain from conversation during class.
- Let your instructor know of any injuries or challenges you are having.
- Pace yourself! If at any time you are struggling or are having difficulty breathing, come out of the pose and connect to your breath. Yoga is all about your breath, not getting the pose correct!
- For spills, please inform the front desk.
- If you need to leave early, please do so before savasana (resting pose).
- If there is inclement weather, please check the online schedule for class cancellations.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult or in an age appropriate class.
MOYO is a great place for yoga practice. The teachers are all wonderful and really friendly and the studio is beautiful and comfortable. The schedule has lots of choices so you can find a class that suits your schedule and level. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend MOYO to anyone!
WHAT IS YOGA?
Yoga is an ancient discipline that explores, develops and integrates the body, mind and spirit. Yoga systematically stretches and strengthens muscles throughout your body, increases circulation to internal organs and glands, quiets your nervous system and improves your concentration. This ancient system of self-care brings vitality, health, deep relaxation and peace of mind. It is a world class fitness program.
WHAT DOES MOYO OFFER ME THAT A GYM CANNOT?
Yoga is meant to enrich the quality of your life. MOYO can help you have a safer and more effective experience at the gym. It is essential to bring the quality of attention that you will learn in yoga to whatever else you are doing in life. For instance, if you are just mindlessly bouncing away in aerobics, you can damage joints, discs, knees and even your neck.
WHAT IF I AM NOT FLEXIBLE?
Flexibility of the body comes over time for some individuals. You need to listen to your body and work at your level. If there is resistance in your body that needs to be worked out, yoga can help you release this resistance and become more flexible over time.
WHY ARE CLASSES HEATED?
The heat helps to create a safe environment for all levels and advanced students to deepen their practice. Heat also helps to detoxify the body and triggers endorphins in the brain which makes the yoga a blissful, amazing experience.
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO DO YOGA IN A GROUP SETTING?
Sometimes practicing yoga in a group setting can be intimidating to the beginner and that is why MOYO offers private and semi-private sessions. Ask maureen for further information.
IF I HAVE ACHES AND PAIN IN NORMAL ACTIVITIES HOW WILL YOGA BENEFIT?
Yoga can help to decrease your aches and pains. It is important if you have aches and pains to let your instructor know. They can offer suggestions for poses that will help you. If you have aches and pains during normal activities, it is essential for you to work poses on a daily basis.
INDULGE YOUR BODY WITH SEASONAL TREATMENTS.
Enter your email to receive a FREE gift for the senses.