Who knew that yoga would have found Kelly Whalen in the basement fitness center of a very corporate office??
Well, it did…and it’s been her greatest challenge and blessing ever since.
Her mission is that through their yoga practice, each and every child (and their families!) will:
- See themselves as the powerful, beautiful, special human beings that they are.
- Get the chance to have their voice heard.
- Be acknowledged for their unique contribution to the world.
- Strengthen and know their bodies and treat it with respect and love.
I promise to:
- Create a sacred, safe space of non-judgement, freedom and honor.
- Respect my own body and give it the gift of a daily yoga practice.
- Maintain a business practice that is fair and just.
While Kelly’s enjoyed a successful athletic “career”, through her 6 years of yoga practice,
she’s found the strength to feed her body and the courage to listen to what it has to say —
instead of sculpting perfect biceps and obsessing over a tight six-pack.
Kelly is currently working towards her 200 hour certification through MOYO. Again, another fabulous blessing!! Once completed, she will be a RYT through the Yoga Alliance.
Kelly teaches so that everyone gets a chance —a chance to know themselves, enjoy their bodies, experience yoga with a light energy, and to be truly connected to one another.
Kelly is also currently a YogaKids® Associate, working towards becoming a certified YogaKids facilitator (alongside the wonderful Carmen Molina).